This policy describes the privacy practices on our website, codea.fi. Our online resellers have their own privacy policies and are not included in this policy.
Some cookies are required for proper functioning of the site or for security reasons, and are always set. For the sake of keeping this document relevant, such essential cookies are not discussed herein.
Website personalization and development
The information collected via cookies and other web technologies helps us understand when and how visitors discover, interact with, and leave our websites. We then use this information to
- improve the visibility and usability of our sites,
- locate and address technical issues you might experience,
- deliver customized and relevant content, including pricing, to you, and
- direct you to the most relevant localized web page (based on geographic IP address).
We generate statistics and aggregate reports for internal use. Our third-party web analytic providers may also create and publish aggregate reports of the data collected. The statistics and aggregate reports do not contain any data that could be linked to an individual website visitor.
Web marketing activities
The data we collect can also be used for marketing purposes. Information about the pages you have visited or the products you bought in the past helps us market more relevant services to you in the future.
General information about cookies
Cookies help us collect information about the use of our website. This information includes, among other things,
- the web browsers and operating systems used,
- the domains of referring sites (traffic origin),
- the date, time, number, and duration of visits,
- which pages or elements within pages were viewed,
- which links, buttons, or other items were clicked,
- and what was typed into text fields in forms.
Cookies may contain IDs, typically random strings of numbers and letters, that are unique to your browser. This helps us recognize your browser when you visit our website again.
We use both first-party (set by Codea) and third-party cookies (set by a vendor other than Codea). Third-party cookies convey information to that third-party site upon your visit to an Codea site.
Cookies are also used to track your reaction to emails sent to you, so that we know whether we have been successful in relaying the messaging to you.
You can discontinue cookie-based data collection at any time, by adjusting your browser settings. Do note that some features of our website rely on cookies to function. There are many sites, such as aboutcookies.org, that give advice related to cookie settings and how to change them.